Payment & Enrolment Reminder
This is a reminder if you have already enrolled (or are planning to enrol) for the JobKeeper program from the start date of 30 March 2020.
There are some critical actions and dates that you need to be aware of to ensure your eligibility:
- By FRIDAY 8 MAY you must have paid all eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 for the first two JobKeeper fortnights ($3,000 in total)
- By SUNDAY 10 MAY you must have paid all eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 for JobKeeper fortnight 3 which ends on Sunday 10 May (as Friday 8 May is the last working day of the fortnight, you should aim for payment by then)
- By 31 May you must have enrolled for the JobKeeper program
If you are claiming the JobKeeper payment as an eligible business participant, the rules are slightly different. You are not required to make a payment. However, you still must enrol for the program by 31 May 2020.
Going forward, you will need to ensure that you pay eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 per JobKeeper fortnight.
Business monthly declaration
You will not be eligible to receive the JobKeeper payments from the Government until you have enrolled and lodged your business monthly declaration with the ATO.
The declaration is available through the Business Portal or the ATO Portal and requires you to:
- Provide the business’ current turnover (for the month just ended)
- Provide the business’ expected turnover for the coming month
- Reconfirm eligible employees
- Reconfirm contact and banking details
The business declaration can now be made for the month of April. Once this is done, you will be eligible to start receiving payments. The Government has said the payments to businesses will start in the first week in May.
If you have any questions in relation to the above please contact your Holman Hodge adviser.