Our people are our greatest asset
The culture we have developed at Holman Hodge is very much people-focused. Making sure we are doing the best work possible for our clients. We’re cultivating an environment where people are a crucial part of the team, working together, supporting each other and striving to make the firm as enjoyable a place as it can possibly be. All while furthering their own professional development.
When you are part of the Holman Hodge team, you can enjoy a range of career opportunities and an inspiring working environment.
“We want our people to engage, network and enjoy the challenge and the opportunity to actually spend time with clients that do some amazingingly different things.”
We aim to provide each of our staff members with their desired career opportunities through a structured process for progression. At the same time, we provide a working environment where you feel as though you really belong to a team, with the prospect of creating lifelong friends.
You can benefit from significant technical and on-the-job training, CA/CPA financial support and study leave. You’ll gain exposure to an interesting variety of clients and industries. You’ll also have the guidance and mentorship of directors with a background in the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms, combined with the entrepreneurial flair required from running their own smaller firms.
We understand it’s not all about work. A balanced lifestyle is important. We take time out to celebrate special occasions, enjoy staff events, and our Social Club regularly coordinates external events and outings. Our people are our greatest asset.
Our paperless office is equipped with the latest technology and we encourage new approaches to work.
- Opportunity to join our growing Bookkeeping team in a young & energetic environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of clients & industries
- Modern office on the city fringe, equipped with the latest technology, a fantastic view & great coffee machine
Why you should join us
Holman Hodge is a professional services firm who live the philosophy of work hard, play hard. Our diverse and experienced team are dedicated to ensuring all our clients, both internal and external, receive a high quality service. We provide a friendly, supportive and dynamic working environment in a newly furnished, modern office within the CBD. Holman Hodge offers great training, the latest technology and exposure to a variety of clients and industries.
Whilst we work exceptionally hard, we see the importance of a balanced lifestyle and have created a culture focussed on both the team and the individual. We take time out to celebrate firm achievements, special occasions and our active social club regularly coordinates external events and outings.
As a Bookkeeper, you will have the opportunity to work with a high performance team under the guidance of Directors and Managers, with exceptional technical competence and industry specific experience. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Data entry including creditor invoices, debtor receipts, general journals
- Accounts payable and receivable management
- Reconciliation of bank, credit card, loan and other general ledger accounts
- End to end payroll processing including reconciliation, lodgement of superannuation contributions and payroll tax
- Reconciliation and processing of monthly and quarterly BAS & IAS returns
- EOFY reconciling and preparing RTWSA, Payroll tax and STP finalisation
Your skills and expertise
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping experience or Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Experience with Xero or MYOB
- Experience with Reckon/Quickbooks or Receipt Bank an advantage
- The ability to work with multiple entities
- Confidence in interacting with clients and colleagues and ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, passionate and driven
Want to join us?
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to join a professional services firm, please send a cover letter, your resume and any supporting documentation to Holman Hodge via email at email@example.com
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.