Emergency cash grants for small businesses in SA
Last week the State Government announced $10,000 emergency cash grants for small businesses that have been adversely impacted by COVID-19.
The cash grant is a one-off grant for small businesses and not-for-profits to help them with ongoing or outstanding businesses costs.
To be eligible for the $10,000 grant a business must:
- Employ people in SA
- Have turnover of more than $75,000
- Have payroll of less than $1.5 million and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under the COVID-19 previous support measures brought in by the State Government
- Have an ABN and carrying on a business in SA on 12 March 2020
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the businesses
- Apply by 1 June 2020
Where a business qualifies for the JobKeeper payment, they will be deemed to be “highly impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions” as required above.
Please note, if the business has received other grants from the SA Government to deal with COVID-19 business impacts, the value of this grant may be reduced by those payments. As mentioned above, if the business is part of a group that will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business will be ineligible for this grant.
Applications for this grant were not open at the time of writing. However, businesses can register their interest here and applications must be completed by 1 June 2020.
If you have any questions in relation to the emergency cash grant including eligibility or the application process, please contact your Holman Hodge adviser.