- For Purpose & Social Enterprise
- Family Structures
- Professional Services
Skills & Expertise
- Taxation consulting & compliance
- Capital gains tax for SMEs
- Fringe benefits tax & remuneration planning
- Business structuring
- Business advisory & strategic advice
- Business planning
- Capital management
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Adelaide
- Chartered Accountant - CAANZ
- The Tax Institute - CTA
Lisa is a passionate South Australian who has worked with small to medium business for more than 20 years. As a taxation specialist, Lisa works closely with clients and the rest of the team to ensure that we reach commercial, understandable and practical outcomes. Lisa ‘s involvement can be critical at any stage of a business’ life – whether it’s the initial set up phase, growing the business or winding down, selling or transitioning to another generation – sound, commercial tax advice is crucial.
Lisa has been involved in the taxation profession in South Australia for over 10 years including recently chairing the SA Professional Development Committee for The Tax Institute. She is currently also a member of the Business SA Tax Expert Reference Group.
Lisa is also passionate about women in business in SA and has a number of entrepreneurial women she works closely with to assist them in developing, growing and enhancing their businesses. Lisa is the State Treasurer for Girl Guides SA where she provides financial expertise including budgeting, forecasting and business and strategic planning to the organisation.
Lisa’s most recent projects include:
- Providing structuring advice for small businesses when starting up including consideration of the research and development incentive, financing and funding options, remuneration options and other State and Federal compliance matters
- Establishing a charitable organisation including working on a business plan, the objects of the charity, budgeting and forecasting and applying for the various taxation exemptions
- A project reviewing an organisation’s policy regarding allowances including compliance with the fringe benefits tax, pay-as-you-go withholding and reporting requirements and the required enterprise agreement
- A significant review of fringe benefits tax compliance with regards to the payment of living away from home allowances
- A number of share capital projects including a share reductions, return of capital and selective off-market share buy-back
- Liaising with the Australian Taxation Office for private ruling requests for clients on various taxation matters including the application of the small business capital gains tax concessions, the application of various CGT provisions on the creation of a trust and the franking account impact of on-market share buy backs