- Retirement Estates
- Medical Services
- Family Structures
Skills & Expertise
- Acquisition & divestment of businesses
- Business & management restructures
- Business strategic & operational planning
- Establishment of new business enterprises
- Succession & estate planning
- Taxation & financial planning
- Business valuations
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Adelaide
- Chartered Accountant - CAANZ
- Certified Practicing Accountant
- The Tax Institute - CTA
- Justice of the Peace
- Diploma of Financial Planning
Graeme specialises in providing personalised advisory services to family enterprises and significant corporate groups. Graeme has considerable experience assisting his client to establish and develop new enterprises. He enjoys working with his clients on their journey and has worked with many of his clients for more than 20 years.
Graeme was one of the founding partners of mhm in 1992, a local South Australian business advisory firm. Over 18 years he helped the firm grow to become one the largest professional services practices in South Australia, prior to merging with Deloitte in 2010.
Graeme’s wealth of experience has provided him with a special insight into the challenges faced by business owners and operators. He also understands the personal satisfaction that can be derived by assisting clients in managing those challenges.
The longevity of his relationships has seen Graeme travel the business cycle, and also personal lifecycle, with many of his clients. He has shared in their triumphs as well as their setbacks.
Graeme’s client projects include:
- Buy-back of a family enterprise from an overseas shareholder
- Sale of a significant group of businesses in the retirement sector (on behalf of a diverse group of investors) to a large organisation associated with one of Australia’s largest corporations
- Benchmarking for numerous pharmacy clients
- Financial management of significant development projects
- Restructuring a number of partnerships (eg following a dispute resolution)
- Restructuring a significant family enterprise to enable growth opportunities to be realised during a period of succession
- Sale of significant family enterprises to public companies
- Wind-down of Australian activities of a foreign public company in preparation for a take-over
- Assisting clients resolve business disputes and matrimonial settlements